Tuesday, June 30, 2009

So much to do!

I feel like I have been so very busy here lately (which is great), but that I still don't have much to write about! The stuff I have been busy with is not the most interesting blog material, which I guess is just how life goes sometimes.

Ben was in NC this past weekend for his bachelor party, so I had my first period of time alone in STL. It's times like those that it really hits me how far away I am from my friends! While it was nice to relax (and that's mainly what I did), it would have also been nice to have people around to call and hang out with. I'm sure I will meet lots of nice people as we get more settled in here, but right now we're just kind of in limbo, and it's a little weird.

I have managed to organize and pack up a few of Ben's things in his room, which is nice. It gives me some space to put my clothes! It's overwhelming to think about moving all of my stuff again plus packing up his stuff and moving it too, but it will be such a relief to get out of this tiny apartment and get things put AWAY. I can't wait!

I've also been spending a lot of time on tiny wedding details that just couldn't be done any earlier. It's been nice to get things finished, but it is a tad bit daunting to think about all of the TEENY details that need to be decided and communicated to people in those final days before the wedding. On one hand, I can't believe I have to wait close to three weeks to get this show on the road, but on the other hand, I can't even imagine the wedding actually being here and then begin over. It's going to be strange not to be planning it anymore.

Today Ben and I have big plans to go get at least one library card, and I am SO relieved! I've been going crazy without access to a library, and I still don't have one piece of "official" mail with my name on it, so I can't go get my own card. Any good book suggestions for me??? :-)

No comments: