Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our Day

Ben and I have had a really productive and fun Saturday. It's so nice to be able to spend all day together, and I know I should really treasure it now, since I am really hoping to have a full time job to fill most of my days here soon!

We started our day early with some cinnamon rolls--YUM. Ben wakes up pretty early each day for his job, and since my body has been an hour ahead of the time here, I usually wake up with him on the weekdays. That translated to our Saturday morning too, although we both did sleep about an hour later than usual!

We then got ready to head out apartment-hunting. We took some pictures beforehand, but of course they turned out blurry, yet again. In the blurry pictures, Ben is holding his extremely laid parking ticket payment that he finally mailed today. And I'm holding a thank you card. We're both excited about finding a new, bigger place to live (sometime I'll post pictures of our cramped existence at the moment!).

Our apartment hunting ended up being successful, but it started off slowly. The first place we visited was pretty nice, but the only apartment we could afford was pretty small. They did have a great floorplan with two bedrooms, and I really liked the complex itself, but we both felt the apartments were not nice enough to be as expensive as they were.

Our second stop was at a really large complex with a complicated system of floorplans. We looked at two different ones, but since they had different phases of apartments, each with 3 types of floorplans, we were never exactly sure what we were looking at. Ben liked this place more than I did, and their floorplans were pretty spacious. I, however, didn't love the complex itself, but they did have great rent specials that would have made a bigger apartment more affordable for us. We left it on our maybe list.

It was then around lunch time, and I was feeling discouraged because I wasn't in love with any apartment complex, and I was becoming more and more sure that I would never be happy in an apartment outside of NC! (I may or may not still feel that way a tiny bit in my heart...j/k!).

But, after a nice Subway sandwich, we headed to complex #3, and as soon as I saw the inside of the apartment, I knew this was where I wanted to live. The interiors of these apartments have been recently renovated, the appliances are nice, and they have washer/dryer in every unit! The kitchen is also pretty big with more counter space and cabinet space. It has two bedrooms, and one nice bathroom.

The floorplan!
We're so excited to move in next month, and I can't wait to post pictures of our new place with some of our great wedding gifts finally in-use!

P.S. Here is a clear picture of my Day 2 Cross Stitch progress. Day 3 was my most successful so far, but I haven't taken any pictures of it yet!

Cross Stitch, Day 2

2 comments:

Jen said...

Can't wait to see your new apartment!! Floorplan looks super cute.

Also, good job on the cross stitch. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Jesse said...

Here's to hoping I'll finish it one day! :-)