Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fun times!

We have had a fun couple of days! On Friday, we took a day trip to Columbia, Missouri. We walked around the downtown area near University of Missouri's campus and ate lunch there. Then we headed over to a state park nearby and did some hiking.

Rock bridge

Ben climbing off the trail

Ben in a small cave and stream

Me!

Swampy area

Cool shaped trees

As you can probably tell, Ben is a way more adventurous hiker than me. But we both had a good time seeing the park. We headed home after hiking, and we were just in time to hit up Sonic's Happy Hour, so that worked out perfectly!

Blurry sunset on the way home

We spent most of Saturday relaxing. I caught up on some episodes of Say Yes to the Dress. :-) And we headed to a different state park in the afternoon to hike some more! This one is close by, and it has several trails we want to try eventually. I just hope we can get a little more outdoor fun in before the weather starts to really cool down. It's been just gorgeous and warm here all week.

In my fitness plan news, WOOHOO. I lost weight this week, and I'm so relieved! I actually lost more than my goal for the week, but I really think my original weigh-in was artificially high. I hope it was anyway! Haha.

What has worked for me so far:
  • The Daily Plate--I LOVE it and how it easy it makes things!
  • Working unhealthy snacks and treats into my days--usually I try to cut them out completely and end up binging on them later...I've just been deciding when the calories are worth it to me. So far, it's not that often and usually I just want one or two cookies instead of 5 or 10.
  • Staying under my calorie goal each day--not too far under, but under--even if the calculator says I've burned some calories, I try to stay under my original, un-burned goal. That way I feel sure I'm going to see results.
  • Exercise--obviously hiking has been a great way to work in exercise without feeling like I'm going to die at the gym. And I've been doing my 20 minutes of Jillian everyday. My stamina is improving slowly! And I'm totally taking today off from exercising. :-)
I'm really hoping I can continue to stick with this...usually I start to give up within a couple of weeks, but seeing good results this week was a great motivator. And if I continue to lose a little, I think I'll try my dress on again next week. That might also provide some more motivation! :-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful sunset! good luck on your healthy endeavors!!
love you

Jill said...

Looks like a fun day!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Simply because they can't seem to remove the gas off their colon plans, these people burst.[url=http://www.designelementsco.com]fake oakley sunglasses[/url] The most prominent factor that leads to the success of Replica Oakley sunglasses is that their styles are almost followed that of authentic Oakley sunglasses,canada goose parka sale, also,Learn more about remarkable innovative technologies infused into oakleys/oakley_sunglasses_polarized Some of these are listed as under with their respective offerings.
"Fake Oakley Sunglasses gascanOakley Sunglasses holbrook CheapReplica Oakley Sunglasses jawbone
Sarah Jessica Parker character could not stop praising Prada products and her Prada sunglasses never left her face for long.


And as of the second inning of this year's All-Star Game, he also had his own Nike ad campaign.In order to meet the different needs of consumers, cheap Charles Oakley Juliet, no matter at present or in future, copy Charles Oakley drizzle, Charles Oakley will not stop the pace of advance.[url=http://medqual.fr/pro/sac-lancel.php]sac lancel[/url] Perhaps no other branded sunglasses offer the same standards.
And eventually the frames are developed from your very best nylon readily out there that suggests oakley wide which they are totally robust, light-bodyweight and adaptable.
Take your choose from high-end designer labels like Roberto Cavalli, Christian Dior, or Salvatore Ferragamo.


Every called sunglass couple from Oakley has a sole wares computer encrypting linked with it.Everyone considering themselves their favorite treats themselves the best and that is why everyone pursues individuality.You may not become famous like Whitney Houston; however, you do have the opportunity every day to shape the lives of people you will never know and may never remember with a kind word.[url=http://www.themikeschrullteam.com]oakley sunglasses cheap[/url] Every pair of Ray Bans features special polarized lenses that made the company famous decades ago.