Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our Halloween

We didn't go to any parties or dress up, but our Halloween was a good one anyway!

It started out for me by going here:

Brand new Wal-Mart!

I was going mainly to get the stuff to make these: Candy Corn Bark. You'll have to imagine mine in your head because I didn't take any pictures! Or you can pretend mine looked like the one in the pictures there (even though it totally didn't). It turned out tasty, though!

From Wal-Mart, I hit up...

DSW!

...to check out their shoe selection. I've been looking for shoes to wear in Jenny's wedding in December, and I just recently found a pair online that I LOVE. So I went to DSW to check them out in-person.

THE shoes
Of course, they didn't have them in black in my size. And of course no other size fit. And of course (if I'm being honest) they were not the most comfortable shoes in the world, and I may or may not have felt a little off-balance walking in them which could (or could not) pose a problem for my main duty as a bridesmaid, you know WALKING down the aisle. So, I'm glad I saw them in person, and I'm sad they didn't fit (I was able to try on a quite stylish bright purple version in my size). I tried my hardest to fall in love with another pair of shoes at DSW, but it just didn't happen.

Feeling inspired, I came home and tried on this:

My bridesmaid dress!
Up til this point I had been in a bit of denial about gaining weight since the wedding. And I was expecting the dress to be a little snug (I knew I couldn't gain much weight when I ordered it!). I was not expecting it to look quite as bad as it did! I mean, it zips....so that's something. Haha. Anyway, I am SO glad I tried it on when I did so that I can be absolutely certain it will fit in mid-December. AND, a lucky break, some black shoes I already have work perfectly with it. It won't even have to be hemmed. :-)

So, I will be making GOOD friends with:

Jillian
over the next 7 weeks. And with healthy foods. And with portion control. :-) Which means I have quite a bit of candy corn bark sitting on my counter torturing me at the moment! Bad timing. :-)

I'm actually a little excited because this provides the perfect kick in the butt for me to be healthier! We'll see how it all goes.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

I wore the same dress in a green color for my SIL's wedding in August! It's a great dress, but it can be tight in the wrong places! I ended up buying a pretty comfortable piece of shapewear at Target just to make sure everything was smooth! I mostly had trouble sitting and had to hike it up! I considered having it shortened to wear again, but I haven't yet. Did you see that it was also used for the bridesmaids in Jim & Pam's wedding on the Office?

Jesse said...

Sonya,

Tight in all the wrong places is EXACTLY right. I was not expecting to have trouble with it anywhere but up top...and I was wrong! Haha.

I am considering cutting mine off to wear again, too. I think it'd make the perfect short cute dress.