Tuesday, November 3, 2009

:-)

Just thought I'd say hello today! Nothing much is going on here this week. Ben and I went to Hobby Lobby last night to look around (I think he was trying to make up for all the football/baseball/more football/more baseball on TV around here lately). We didn't buy anything (this might shock y'all, but I'm unemployed! I don't talk about it much, I know :-), but I saw TONS of things I'd love to have for Christmas decorating. And by tons, I mean rows and rows and rows and rows. So much fun!! I still have major hopes for a couple of job possibilities, so maybe some new Christmas decorations will be in my future soon. Fingers crossed!

My dieting and fitness plan is going well (easy for me to say after only 2 days!). I'm using this Daily Plate site to track my calories, exercise, etc. I saw it on another blog, and it's really neat! In the past, I have tracked my calories in a spreadsheet, but this site is so much more useful. The database is full of all kinds of foods, it tracks your caloric needs based on your weight and activity level, and (the coolest part for me) it keeps track of your daily percentages of protein, carbs, etc. based on all of that other stuff. I've always been worried about getting enough protein and eating too many carbs since I don't eat a lot of meat. But my protein levels are more than fine! And my carb levels aren't too high either! For the most part, I'm finding my basic food choices are actually pretty healthy. It's all the extras (that I've always known are bad) that have been getting me--cookies, cakes, etc. etc. We'll see how it all goes. I'm usually good at being gung-ho about this stuff at the beginning and then it just all peters out gradually. I'm finding that fear is a pretty good motivator so far, though! If I don't lose at least a little weight, I can't really function in that dress. And I want to be able to function AND look good. Haha.

Well, I need to get going. My goals for today include cleaning the kitchen (again, story of my life) and taking down our Halloween decorations. :-)

No comments: