Friday, July 24, 2009

Wedding Dress

Since I just got married this past Saturday, I cannot resist posting for Kelly's Korner's "Show Us Your Life" this week!

I'm a relatively new blogger myself, but I've been reading lots of blogs for a long time! I am hoping that my blog will be a way for our families and friends to keep up with us--I just moved to St. Louis from NC.Anyway, here is my beautiful dress that I wore this past Saturday (and want to wear again and again and again--suggestions for how I could pull that off????).

It's Maggie Sottero dress that I found at a boutique called Elegant Hours in NC. My wonderful friend (and bridesmaid!) Kate pulled this one off the rack on our very first dress shopping trip, and we all just knew it was the one. I did keep looking for a couple of months all across the state of NC to be sure (which was lots of fun!), but there was no question that this was my dress. I ordered it in "Diamond White" which is apparently darker than white but lighter than ivory, and I love the way the fabric looked.

OK, I could really go on and on forever about this! I will leave the descriptions for now and show some pictures instead!

Sitting in the dress, all ready to go

Coming down the aisle with my dad--a nice view of the front of the dress

Side of the dress during the ceremony

Pretty train

Back of the dress all bustled after the ceremony

Our first dance--I love the way the dress is swirled!
Those pictures are just a small sampling of some great ones our families and friends took during our wonderful day. We can't wait to see the professional pictures soon! And, I can't wait to post more about the wedding once I have a chance to take a deep breath again!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my dress. :-)

9 comments:

Kristen said...

amazing dress!! thanks for sharing!

That Chick Over There said...

Congrats on your wedding! Your dress was lovely!

Cheryl said...

I love your dress. When did you move to STL? Do you know anyone yet? Feel free to email.

Cheryl

Sonya said...

Congrats on your wedding and your degree! I'm actually working on my endorsement to become a librarian!

Amy G said...

Congrats newlywed! This is such a fun time. I love Maggie dresses. My best friend and I both got dresses by her for our wedding and loved them.

Kristen said...

Oh! You need to start reading Randall's blog Be Happy for this Moment @ http://happyforthismoment.blogspot.com/

She is a newlywed who just moved to St. L also!

Gorgeous dress - the front is so pretty with all that detail!

CMC said...

Congratulations! Your dress is so beautiful!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Your dress was gorgeous. I enjoyed my visit to your blog...Hope you will visit me...I have a fun post up today with two giveaways on Monday.

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

So pretty, I love the way it falls on the bottom. Congrats!

...and so fun you're moving to STL! Are you here yet? I moved right after our wedding in November and have really liked it. I did my best to get involved in all sorts of things so it has been nice to meet new people and have different things to look forward to!