Sunday, July 26, 2009

Organized chaos

ell, slightly more organized. It feels like we have been working non-stop to get all of our stuff put away in the new apartment, but we're nowhere near finished yet! We did make a lot of progress this weekend, though, and I'm already feeling a little less stressed about it. I'm also trying to make sure I focus on how lucky we are to have this nice apartment to live in, so many clothes to wear, and so many great new wedding gifts to enjoy. Who cares if we're a tiny bit cramped? Or if I don't get everything put away before next weekend? I am beyond excited to be where I am right now!

Here is our dining room table, as of today holding only kitchen items!

Here is the now EMPTY space between the table and the pantry and coat closet.

And here is our second bedroom/office. Yeah.
In other exciting news, we broke out the Kitchenaid last night (thanks again to my mama!!!). It is AWESOME, and I love it, and I now have a "one homemade dessert" per week policy going! :-) We made chocolate chip cookies. I look beyond exhausted in the picture below, because, well, I was! Yesterday was a long day, and just minutes before this picture I was laying in bed contemplating going to sleep for the night in my clothes!

Kitchenaid, WOOHOO
Making cookies gave me the chance to break out some of my new baking pans as well (thanks Allison and Meredith!). Can you tell which one is the new one?? Hehe.

Cookie sheets!

Some of the final product...YUM

And goodness, I almost forgot, but we also got Missouri driver's licenses yesterday! Can I just say I love the DMV (or whatever it is technically called) here?? They're open on Saturdays, the people were SO NICE, I only had to identify 6 signs on my sign test, etc. etc. I was sincerely dreading this, and I am so happy to be pleasantly surprised, especially since I'll be going back again to get a new license once my name is changed. Although it is weird to have a license from a different state, I do want to do everything I can to feel at home here. And that's the first real step so far.

The Isleys :-)
We're ending our weekend by RELAXING. I definitely think we've earned it! We ate a delicious dinner out, and now I'm blogging while Ben plays Tiger Woods on the X-Box (his wedding day gift from me! The game, not the X-Box!!! :-) And here in a minute, we'll be watching Next Food Network Star (our only summertime show so far).

1 comment:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Oh that getting-stuff-put-away part of moving is the worst. It just seems neverending!