Thursday, July 30, 2009

I love...

Like lots of married couples, Ben and I have received some wonderful gifts. And as we've been moving in and putting away our stuff, I've had lots of opportunities to break them out and give them a try. Here are some of my favorites so far!

Pink dish scrubber!







This was just a small random part of a gift Ben's cousins gave us, and I love this thing! I'd been using just dish clothes or regular sponges for so long, so I'm really love the handle!

Our drill and electric screwdriver
































Ohmigosh, y'all. I should've invested in at least one of these items YEARS ago. I've put together multiple pieces of pre-fab furniture in my college/post-college years, and I could have saved hours of pain and heartache with one simple electric screwdriver. They aren't even that expensive! Needless to say, installing towel racks, hanging pictures, and putting together even more pre-fab furniture has been a lot less tortuous this time around!

The Kitchenaid.















I've already gone on about it. There's no need to say much more. But it is definitely as awesome as I'd imagined!

I am sure I will be breaking out even more gifts as we get settled in here, and I am looking forward to trying them all out. :-)

Speaking of gifts, I finally got around to starting (and finishing!) the thank you notes for the wedding yesterday. As we had gotten gifts in the mail before the wedding, I was super good about writing the thank yous and mailing them immediately....it was a lot easier to do that for one or two gifts at a time! But a list of 40 or so thank yous to write was intimidating me, and I've been just putting it off. When my own dad (who has probably never written a thank you note in his life, by the way!) was incredulous that I hadn't written them yet, I knew I should probably get a move-on. So yesterday morning, I wrote around 30 of them, and then ran out of thank you cards and stamps. I took most of those to the post office, got more stamps, ran to Wal-Mart, and came back home. Ben and I finished the rest yesterday evening, and now I just have to stick them in the mail box. Talk about a relief!

Writing thank yous was definitely the most productive thing I did yesterday, and I might not do anything that productive today! I haven't been watching much TV since we got our cable, but yesterday evening I DVRed some of my favorite shows, so I might just spend the day on the couch! We'll see!!!

No comments: