Friday, October 30, 2009

Show Us Your Life--Costumes!

I was totally going to do our pumpkin carving post today, but I think I'll save it for Halloween. Don't worry, this post is Halloween-themed, too. Kelly is hosting another carnival, so click here to see more fun costumes!I'm just posting one costume, but it's my favorite one! It's from the library last year, and all of us in the children's department dressed as Rainbow Magic Fairies. It's a hugely popular series of books, and one girl in particular was OBSESSED, so we all dressed up for her. And it freaked her out a bit, I think. Haha. Although she later did draw a picture of all of us dressed up, so I think once the shock of the life-size fairies wore off, she was impressed. :-)

Anyway, I chose a pink fairy (obviously), and spent FOREVER looking for a pink tutu/skirt. I thought that would be the easy part, but it wasn't. And I spent a bit more than I wanted on the tutu I ended up with, but it WILL be used again! I wish I was working this year so that I could dress up in this exact same costume. I think the outfit would DEFINITELY make an impression, especially if I wasn't working as a children's librarian. Hehe.

Luckily, the only other things I had to buy were the jewelry and the wings. Shockingly, I had plenty of other pink clothes to wear. :-)

Anyway, here is my inspiration!

Sienna

And here I am all dressed up!

It was such a fun costume, and I have such fun memories of putting it together and actually wearing it. Happy almost-Halloween!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

you did great!! Cute costume, love it!! Hope you have a great weekend!