Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Goings-on!

Random stuff that probably (be thankful!) won't get a post of its own. :-)

Ben bought me flowers, and I got to use one of our pretty vases for the first time!


I got to pull out the Jack-o-Lantern place mats (one of my mother-in-law's annual Halloween gifts to me--this year, it was cute pumpkin towels! :-)


I spray-painted a lamp base. :-)

Before


After!


I took pictures of our bedroom in case anyone at home wanted to see! None of them turned out very well. And they all highlighted how bare our bedroom is. It's spacious, though!!


I (perhaps) burned a hole in a recipe because I had turned on the wrong burner and did not realize it.

And, finally, a little blast from the past. I saw these pictures on my computer, and I just have to share! In preparation for the wedding back in February, I ordered TONS of shoes from Zappos to try on....I had liked their service before, and I knew they had free shipping for returns. It was still VERY STRANGE (and slightly exhilarating! :-) to order $700 worth of shoes. (Another random fun fact--I did not know how to spell exhilarating til now.)

The giant box they came in (the UPS guy could not believe it was full of shoes!)

Most of the choices

The stack of shoe boxes

So, I took a few of my favorites to try on with my dress, chose the wedge (the fourth one over in the picture above), and then CHANGED MY MIND. Haha. I ended up with a different wedge by the same brand.

My wedding shoe
I liked it because of the pretty rhinestones and because the wedge was a little shorter. I may or may not sometimes feel like a giant around my tiny friends and my super-skinny husband. :-) And I may or may not have had to lug that giant box to a UPS store later.

And that's your dose of random for today!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

hahaha, I had totally forgotten about your crazy shoe adventure! I loved your wedding shoes though. Beautiful!