Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What we've been up to!

In reverse order, this weekend we have:
  • Worked on organizing our bathroom with a new little shelving unit. You can see the edge of my picture from my last post there. I'm so happy to have everything in this room put away!
  • Picked up our new TV that Ben's friends got for us (him!) as a wedding gift! We just got it yesterday evening, and we're both really enjoying it. I also spent some time yesterday cleaning the living room and dining area....again. I feel like every single time I get things cleaned up and organized, more stuff ends up out there that needs to be put away!
Mostly clean floor near the couch. This used to be where we had our computers hooked up, but I finally cleared enough space in the extra bedroom to set up the laptop and the printer. Yay!

The dining area is clean and organized too!

TV up-close. It's really nice, and we're really grateful!
  • Organized the second bedroom--not quite on my list of accomplishments this past weekend (gotcha!! :-). I have a new goal of unpacking at least 2 boxes per day to see if that helps. I get so overwhelmed trying to do the whole room at once. So far, my goal for today has not been reached. I'll keep you posted!

Laptop in its new home!!
  • Discovered Creve Coeur Lake!! This is related to what we did on Friday, but on Sunday we headed to Creve Coeur Lake and walked one of the trails around it. So beautiful!!
Cute bridge

My least favorite part about the lake!

Gorgeous views
Since my family spent the weekend at my aunt and uncle's lake house in VA, I thought it was only fair that Ben and I hit up a lake ourselves! It wasn't quite the same, but it still made for a fun afternoon! :-)

  • Played putt-putt! On Friday evening, we went to play miniature golf at a course we found online. Unfortunately I forgot my camera (Ben called me a bad blogger! :-), and I grabbed this picture from the road as we drove back by it Sunday on our way to the lake. It was out in the middle of no where and seemed a little bit abandoned when we got there. BUT it was only $2/person to play, and although the course was a little rundown, we had fun. Yes, Ben won.

Cornfields! I loved seeing a more rural part of the area.

Clip art to represent our putt putt game. Cute, huh?
So, that was our past few days in a nutshell. Today I am heading to Wal-Mart (woo!) and probably swinging by the post office to run some errands. And hopefully reaching my 2 box quota in here!!!

4 comments:

Allison P said...

HAHA i love the clip art. :)

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Your second bedroom looks like our basement!

Cheryl said...

Looking good. If you make yourself do a little everyday, you will eventually get there. Good luck with that.

Cheryl

Jen said...

Good Luck with mine and Brannon's bedroom! hehe.

Looks like you had a fun weekend! Glad we were able to chat Sunday! love ya!