Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday, Monday

My day, in list format:
  • Woke up early, had coffee, messed around on the internet, g-chatted with friends
  • Saw my hubby when he woke up later (so much better than not seeing him til the evening!)
  • Got ready to go, drove to the county office, waited in line, got our statement of non-assessment for both of our cars (woo!)
  • Returned Ben's library book
  • Drove to Jiffy Lube, got an oil change
  • Drove to Dobb's Auto to get my car inspected
  • Waited over an hour
  • Found out I need a stupid inner tie rod on ONE of my tires
  • Almost cried in Dobb's when they told us how much it would cost
  • Drove home to mull things over/get a few more quotes on stupid inner tie rod/contemplate my unemployment/lack of money/bad luck
  • Rode to Bed, Bath, and Beyond with my husband :-)
  • Bought some decorative shelves for our living room wall (yay gift cards/store credit!)
  • Came home
  • Signed up with a temp. agency online
  • Ate leftover spinach dip and watched Food Network
  • Laughed at Ben's Tyler Florence/Sandra Lee inspired pasta sauce concotion :-)
UGH. All in all, things definitely could have been worse today, but I am disappointed that instead of getting our car junk completely taken care of we just have more to deal with. BLAH. I am grateful that I got to spend the whole day with Ben though. I probably would have that breakdown in the car place without him! And I am telling myself that these are normal moving/getting married/being a grown-up things we're dealing with here so I should probably just handle them without whining, but oh well!

Here's to a happy Tuesday! :-)

2 comments:

Allison P said...

ugh i HATE dealing with car stuff. it never works out how you want it to. everytime i have to deal with a car thing, i think i have a meltdown, haha. it's all so expensive, and i never know for sure exactly what they are telling me. especially since i am not a car mechanic.
good luck with the "inner tie rod" or whatever!

Jen said...

Ugh, stupid Mondays! I hope everything works out with your car! I know how it feels when your car starts costing you money! Today, mine almost didn't start...stupid battery light came on. Stupid old cars! Good luck with everything and let me know if you need anything!!!
Doesn't it all make you feel grown-up (and wish you were a kid again)?

Love ya!