Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday, Friday

We are still hanging in there, much the same as before! Every time I get positive feedback about a job (which is not very often, by the way) I spend an inordinate amount of time waiting to hear more. It's been driving me insane, but I am thankful to have heard back about anything. It's one thing to be wondering about the next step, it's quite another to be wondering if anyone out there is even looking at your resume! Enough about all that, though. It consumes quite a few of my thoughts as it is. :-)

They are working on replacing the windows and siding on our apartment building (woohoo for that! Ours was one of the THREE buildings in the whole complex to have old, crappy windows and siding), so we've been looking for ways to get out of the apartment while they're constructing. Yesterday we tried to go to a supposedly famous custard shop in a not-so-nice part of town. After getting there through all the bad traffic, the place was closed! So we relied on our lovely GPS to take us to Sonic instead. Traffic was so bad on the way back out that we missed happy hour by about 10 minutes! Oh, well.

Where we failed to get custard

Today we hit up the art museum in Forest Park, which was lots of fun. It's free to get in, and it's huge, so we just wandered around for a couple of hours before Ben had class this afternoon. I definitely want to go back sometime. And explore more of the park in general. The contemporary art was my favorite--I love all the bright colors. I also liked the numerous furniture exhibits they had. They had some great woodwork too, and it reminded me of my dad. The one that was my favorite was a big wooden coil that had been made out of ONE 25 foot long piece of wood. It was crazy to think about someone spending that much time bending the wood that way. If I was smart, I would've taken a picture. Or at least noted the artist so that I could look him up. I did neither. Instead, here is a picture of the museum from the internet. Beautiful, huh?


We don't have anything planned for this weekend, so I don't know what exactly we'll be up to!

2 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I love the art museum!

Don't forget you can always go to the Ted Drewes on Chippewa, it is very easy to get to from I-44.

Jen said...

Add the art museum to our list of things to do when we come visit! :-) By the way, my aunt loved the wooden mushroom your dad made. He's awesome.