Friday, December 4, 2009

Today!

I have had a fun day today! I've been listening to...

The "Sounds of the Season" channel on our TV

and making sugar cookies!

Rolling out the dough

Using the fun Christmas cutters

Managing not to burn them

Not pictured (cause the process was somewhat messy), but I also made some icing, colored it (and my hands) with food coloring, and put it into baggies to decorate with.

The final result!

They're pretty cute!


And they taste pretty good, too! I just used a basic roll-out sugar cookie dough recipe and a basic confectioner's sugar icing recipe from our Joy of Cooking. It was fun and festive, but time-consuming! And I kinda wish I'd tried to make the royal icing instead. The icing I made wasn't the easiest to work with. Maybe next time! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome cookies! and awesome cooling racks!!! I love them

Unknown said...

All of your decorations are so cute! I especially love the shelves in the living room. I also like how the books on your little book shelf are tilted in different directions! (I don't know if you did that on purpose or not, but if you did - what an eye for detail :-)) Love you~